January 13, 2010

Week Seventeen: January 11-17

Tuesday: The most I could get out of the nurse as she snapped her gum over the phone yesterday was that Maddie is 6 pounds now, at least I think that is what she was saying.

Thursday: Madelynn is 5 pounds 10 ounces. The nurse was wrong the other day. I don't know she even checked Maddie's chart. At any rate she is getting closer to the 6 1/2 pound mark. The medical team has not made a decision as to whether or not the gastronomy tube is necessary. She is doing well on her feedings. She drank her whole bottle yesterday morning, but then only got 10 mL on her other four. I think she has Jeremy's attention span, and just finds something more interesting to focus on than drinking from her bottle. If her stamina doesn't improve by the time she is 6 1/2 pounds surgery will be necessary.

Friday: Madelynn is 5 pounds 13 ounces. 11 more ounces to go. We gave her a bath tonight. She is always a little startled by the water, but after a moment she was kicking her legs. She did fairly well on her feeds. In the morning she had thirty, at noon it was six, at three it was 10, at six it was 18, and at nine it was 18.

Sunday: Madelynn is 5 pounds 15 ounces, and 18 1/4 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment