It was my first mother's day on Sunday. I was pregnant with Madelynn last year, but I didn't feel like anything but an incubator, and didn't count it.
To be honest, I never thought I would be a mother. I never had the desire to have children, mostly because I never thought I would get married. Then Jeremy came along and I knew I was to spend the rest of my life with him. We started talking about children and decided to stop preventing it. We got pregnant with Madelynn, and our lives have never been the same.
Being a mother has changed my life. It is amazing to me how this little person can make me feel the whole spectrum of human emotions. She has taught me unconditional love, and has renewed my faith in miracles. With each new milestone she reaches, my heart bursts with joy. I can be having a bad day, but when I see my child she smiles at me. She knows I am her mother. (Something that still flabbergasts me as she had so many people around her in the NICU, and spends her week days with her Aunt Elly.) I am a very lucky person, and it is never lost on me how blessed I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment