Wednesday: Madelynn is breathing on her own! She no longer has a nasal canula. She will be tank free when she comes home. It is a very exciting day.
Friday: Maddie is back on getting whisps of air. The medical team is hopeful she will come off the oxygen again. Never get too excited. Jeremy, Elly, and I took the gastronomy class today. It is less intimidating than the book made it out to be. It was wonderful to get some hands on experience, even though it was with pink Styrofoam pretending to be a baby belly. Maddie loves her aunt Elly. The medical staff have encouraged us to have her around more, so Elly can get used to her.
We had a phone conference with the Jordan School District developmental specialist, Jennifer, to go over our concerns with Maddie, and to develop a game plan for when she is discharged.
Saturday: I changed Madelynn's dressing for the first time today. I worry I am hurting her, but she is just uncomfortable and not in pain. It will take time getting used to it, and hopefully we will get better nurses than the one we had today to help us through.
Sunday: Maddie should be up to full feeds by mid-week. She will then need to pass her car seat test, and we have to pass our gastronomy tube test. She is getting whiffs of oxygen. Hopefully she will come off. She is now 6 pounds 14 ounces.
February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment