May 11, 2013

Yikes!

What I neglectful blogger I have turned into.  2013 has been a whirlwind thus far with the changes in jobs, homes, daycares, and states.

After a long thought out decision process the family come to the conclusion we should move back to Utah...
The decision did not come easy for all, but if we wanted Madelynn to have the same experience I had growing up it was a necessary thing to do.  I was fortunate to grow up with a tribe of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins...relationships cultivated at a young age that as an adult I still have.

So here I sit, looking out the window at Timpanogos, drinking my coffee, and contemplating about what the last 13 days have been like.

I still hate Utah drivers.  I have never been around more careless people in my life.  God is not in the passenger seat people!

Madelynn is loving being around her cousins again.  Every day it is when do I get to see Bella & Matthew?  Not to mention she is so happy to have her Poppa back.  My dad and Madelynn are connected at the hip. Madelynn asks about her Grandma Myker and Grandpa Rick.  Now that she is older the familial ties are becoming more understandable to her.  

Jeremy is back with Intsel Steel.  He is their Quality Control Specialist.  Jeremy is happy to be back with more experience under his belt, and to see all his friends on a daily basis.

Before I left Washington I had e-mailed one of my old criminal defense attorneys asking what the best way was to disseminate my resumes as I did not want to be on the other side anymore. With  Glen being in Ogden, he told me I was too far away from him, but to send in my resume, and he will send it to the members of Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.  I had four inquiries within three days.  Much to my surprise one of them was from Schatz, Anderson and Associates.
The Firm
 The partners offered me a paralegal position without much thought.  So here I am, paralegal to one of the partners, Jason, and employment wise I have never been happier or more satisfied with a job.  Finally I am a part of the criminal defense world.  I enroll in school in the fall to further my education, and to see how far I can go in this world.

Here's what I've come up with this morning:  I still hate being in Utah, but feel maybe, if given some time, my resentment will become less and less; Jeremy is like a fat kid at a candy shop - the happiest he's been the last few months; and Madelynn will get to grow up with a tribe.



No comments:

Post a Comment